Featured post

MOMENTS WITH MPILISO DAKE NYATHI

Thursday 14 November 2019

MEET ONE OF ZIMBABWE'S SUCCESSFUL MODEL.

 Having been selected by one local online media,from his country as the sexiest male model 2019. A title which almost everyone is agreeing about it.
Ray Motsi aka Raymond Zviko Motsi is one of the most had working models in Zimbabwe and Southern Hemisphere, having developed his modelling career from being viewed by the public as an amateur  in the modelling . In being viewed as one of the drivers of the industry.
In an interview which was organised by the Aftv,Ray Motsi tells us how he managed to rise from being an amateur to a professional modelling.
In addition  we get to know how he managed to be part of Zimbabwe's Greatest Exclusive fashion Brand,Edgars.


TR:Ray its nice to interact with you again.How has 2019 been different to you comparing with 2018?
RM:Its nice interacting with you too , it’s been a while since my last interview with you guys. 
2019 has been amazing, i’ve had so much growth as a model as compared to last year and I've really added some big names to my portfolio, I'm really where I could only imagine I'd be when my career started and i’m really thankful to God .

TR:Take us to some of the achievements that you have made in your modelling career this year?
RM:This year I managed to work with Janjam again, they were the 1st fashion brand i worked with in 2017 but this year it was different , I've grown as a model they’ve evolved as brand and it was really something I enjoyed and still enjoy doing.
 I also managed to add Edgars to the list , Telone , Cabs , Vaya ,  Kalose fragrances, Pizza inn, Push athletics , Samson and honey  and i’m really proud to have worked with Afcon , it was truly surreal for me.

TR:In one of your achievements,you managed to feature in an Edgar's ad which was one of your dreams. How did you manage to charm the Edgar's management so that you can work with their exclusive brand?
RM:Honestly when I got the casting call it was truly hard to believe it was happening, I guess it’s all the hard work and consistency that has started paying off .
 I don’t have insight on exactly how they scouted me but i’ll tell you this , it really made me happy that I had completed my bucket list of all the brand I wanted to work with in Zimbabwe. 
I was really worried that I'd never work with them because i had worked with trueworths a year before , but well...all is history 

TR:Speaking about your modelling career,commercial you are part of the brand ambassadors of Jan Jam wear.How has your life change since Jan Jam wear became part of your life?
RM:Janjam is truly awesome I'll tell you this , when you get to see how they operate you feel like you’re part of a family more than you’re working with a brand .
 I got to meet a lot of people and they made it easier having personal photoshoots cause they dress me . 
I've had the pleasure of working with names like Stunner and recently Jah prayzah since they were already Janjam ambassadors , plus its always a sweet bonus getting suits , my wardrobe is packed (laughing)

TR:I can imagine. 


TR:The country is facing an economy backlog but you have managed to survive that in your modelling career,what has been your secret?
RM:I can’t really say I survived lol but I guess it helped a lot having worked with big brands , and when you have a big portfolio it makes it really easy to name a price and have brand bend to your request.
 The Zim economy is really not rewarding at the moment , for anyone doing modelling but i can safely say this year has been better for me than previous years.

TR:Ray you were rated as the sexiest model by one, online media in your country. One might wonder besides working out,how do you manage to make sure you keep your body in shape?
RM:Besides working out , I guess genetics are the only reason I am not fat right now (laughing).
 I have, really bad eating habits sometimes if i’m being honest,but if someone is looking to stay in shape I would say be consistent with your workouts and try to keep a clean and healthy diet , you’d look better than i do .

TR:This year most people were expecting you to be one of the best candidates to take over as Mr Zimbabwe 2019/20. Have you ever thought of getting involved in pageantry and if you were to be Mr Zimbabwe what would it mean to you and your brand?
RM:To be honest, I'm not slamming the “Mr Zimbabwe Award”.  When I say that it’s the most coveted award that modelling has to offer for males in Zim but the way it’s won is up for scrutiny. An award as 'big' as that shouldn’t be soley based on votes alone , rather an analysis of a model’s portfolio and character , votes should not even contribute as far as 30% of the decision. It’s not justifiable to have a “Mr Zimbabwe who has had little mileage in the industry win the award soley cause they have the following to back it up , it should soley be based on merit , and achievements in the industry . 
So that is why i might not be involved in the race for Mr Zimbabwe this year.


TRThis year what mostly inspired your modelling journey?
RM:This year I was mainly inspired by how many models outside zim also branch out into social media influencing , it’s really been my main focus , that’s why I've been working on my instagram more , and it’s been truly working out . 
Versatility is key, cause industries evolve and modernise and you should be able to adapt . 
Zim brand's are slowly transitioning into an age where they realise the power of social media now over your traditional billboard so i’ve really been inspired to take on influencing aswell .


TR:Next year what should we look forward to witness or see from Zviko Ray Motsi?
RM:Next year , God willing, i should be international, really putting a spotlight on the zim modelling industry and being a proponent for the cause of male models in the industry, they truly deserve better treatment and a voice is on it’s way .

TR:Thank you for your time,hope we can do this again .
RM:Welcome,Thank you for your time Tapiwa , it always a pleasure doing this with you.


By Rubaya Tapiwa 

No comments:

Post a Comment