Featured post

MOMENTS WITH MPILISO DAKE NYATHI

Tuesday 7 January 2020

DREAMS COME TO REALITY FOR DEVSON LUZANE.



It's a belief that when you want to succeed as a model,you need to relocate to the capital city of your country. 
For example in Zimbabwe well known and most recognized models and modeling agencies are only found in Harare and Bulawayo,the capital and the second largest city of the country Zimbabwe. 
But as for Devson Luzane a 23 year old model from the city of Gweru the third largest city in Zimbabwe. 
Proved the belief wrongly as he became the first male model,from Gweru and Zimbabwe to win the first ever Mr Zimbabwe Pageantry title. 
In an exclusive interview he explains what it means to him and city. 


TR:Congratulations on becoming the first ever Mr Zimbabwe pageantry winner?
DL:Thank you soo much,I’m overwhelmed by this achievement.


TR:The last time we had a conversation you stated out that by winning the pageant it will prove that your own province is also rich in modelling talent.Do you believe you are the evidence?
DL:Haha (giggles),yes I remember saying that ,I’m quite sure I have managed to open that,any province out there can still nail it .

TR:What was your greatest moment during the event aside from the moment you were announced as the winner?
DL:When I managed to step on stage in my 'bushman' traditional attire haha (giggles), that was just something else but I felt great being able to accomplish what I would have told myself I will do.


TR:All eyes and ears are on you from last year (2019) and the whole this year.What words do you have  To your followers?
DL:See in this life we live in ,you gotta be a go getta-that simply means you really have to invest in yourself to be ready to act when your opportunity comes ,that’s health wise,knowledge wise and above all make sure you live in the Now ,don’t you ever worth,what tomorrow holds stay as present as you can.


TR:Before the event,3 former Mr Zimbabwe title holders gave you words of wisdom.How are you planning to apply them in your journey?
DL:By staying true to our theme ,which is promoting male models through modelling and focusing on bringing one another up,you have to always show others the way .

TR:What do you think made the judges to select you as the winner?
DL:Uhm hahah, I’m not really sure but may be I was ready like  ready not from a day ago ready but from months and months of preparation and when I got on to that stage reality showed up.

TR:Any few points to upcoming models?
DL: Whatever goal you set don’t rub it off until you achieve it never grow weary because of delayed goal or because of a loss ,learn to accept times are different but always keep in mind you carry that good all light and it has to shine.

TR:How are you planning to take the DNA of Mr Zimbabwe into being recognized by the society in your country?
DL: Wait and see,I’m bringing fire in 2020,brand influencing ,international appearance representing Zimbabwe,educating upcoming generation on cleanliness and the power of love ,and accepting people on how they are and figure ways to deal with their situations .
The society will surely recognize that Mr Zimbabwe is there and important .

TR:Back to the ceremony,you were wearing a chocolate dark  brown suit. Who had dressed you that night?
DL:To be honest I just moved around for two days until I got my suit ,I actually wanted to hire one and I couldn’t get help haha so ended up buying .so I don’t know I dressed myself🙂

TR:Why did you select that suit?
DL:To be honest I just moved around for two days until I got my suit ,I actually wanted to hire one and I couldn’t get help haha so ended up buying .so I don’t know I dressed myself🙂


TR:State 4 provinces you hoping to tour first  as Mr Zimbabwe?
DL:Masvingo ,manicaland ,matebeleland north and Mashonaland west.

By Rubaya Tapiwa

No comments:

Post a Comment