Featured post

MOMENTS WITH MPILISO DAKE NYATHI

Friday 6 September 2019

MEET TREYLAW RUNWAY AND COMMERCIAL MODEL.

Prominently known as Treylaw , yes you are right his not related to Treysongs.
But his one of the most sexiest Zimbabwean models who is based in South Africa. Aftv had a chitchat with Treylaw  who revealed where his name 'Treylaw  derives from.
Find out how his journey in the modelling industry started and what he says about women and child abuse and xenophobia acts. 


TR:Lawrance you are prominently known as Treylaw  can you tell us the story behind your name?
TL:Well, I was born without two names so I decided to give myself a nickname and that’s when I decided to call myself Treylaw which is a combination of two names. I’m very much inspired by Treysongs the American musician, so I removed part of his name and combine it with part of my name and that gave birth to Treylaw.

TR:How has working under EMM impacted your career?
TL:Working under Extreme Model Management has impacted my career immensely by grooming me to be the person I am right now as well as marketing me to the world.

TR:Take us to the time you emerged in the modelling industry?TL:It was during my desperate period of find my purpose or divine assignment.
 I was hungry and seeking when God opened the door of modelling for me. I reminisce myself seeking for a job at Durban Youth Radio when I encountered a beautiful lady that urged me to join modelling and she gave me the EMM details. After I joined the agency I thought it was going to be an easy journey only to realise that I was wrong. I actually had to work myself up to the top to be successful.

TR:You are both a runway and a commercial  model.How has the industry been for you in SA as your roots derive from Zimbabwe?
TL:I’m both a runway and commercial model because I find it worth to do both.  
Runway modelling is imperative because it has good publicity and great networking. I also love commercial modelling because I’m really good at marketing products and it pays very well. The industry has been very stiff for me because of competition and racial discrimination since I’m from Zimbabwe, but my zeal and passion for success is what got me to break through.

TR:Can you state some of the runway shows you have participated in  and fashion brands you have catwalked for?TL:I have been privileged to participate in one of the biggest fashion events in Durban and in South Africa as whole. I have cat walked at the Pavilion show exhibiting clothes for big brands such as G-star raw, Fabian, Shadows and Edgars.
 This event is very important to me because it was my first fashion show as a model. 
Wear South Africa was one of the best events I did because it opened an opportunity for me to showcase my favorite clothing brand known as Magents. I’m in love with this brand because their clothes portray my personality and I even dream of becoming the ambassador of such a dignified brand.
I also participated in Vodacom Durban July which is the biggest fashion show all over South Africa.

TR:What do you believe separates you from other models?
TL:I believe what separates me from other models,is my ability to keep trying no matter how many times I fail.
 In the modelling industry people get rejected a lot and most of the models take it personal, whereas I take that no as a step closer to that yes.

TR:Who inspires Treylaw?
TL:I’m someone who is self motivated and I listen to a bunch of motivational speakers who have made it their lives. One of my best motivational speaker is Oprah Winfrey because she always talks about 'doing the right thing and let excellence be your brand'.

TR:Who are some of African's most prominent designers you are planning to work with ?
TL:I don’t have a specific designer I wish to work with, but I do wish to work with anyone who sees the potential in me.

TR:Why is it important to join a modelling agency like EMM?TL:For anyone who wishes to be a model, it is crucial to join an agency like Extreme Model Management because they will provide you with training, they will teach you more about the industry and most importantly they will groom you to be a better person you never thought you can be.


TR:What is Next for you this year ?
TL:What’s next for me this year is embracing any opportunity that God brings upon my way.

TR:What are your last words?
TL:My last words to the world is, let’s practice compassion to one another because this will promote humanity as well as reducing the rate of gender based violence and xenophobia.

By Rubaya Tapiwa

No comments:

Post a Comment