Featured post

MOMENTS WITH MPILISO DAKE NYATHI

Monday 21 May 2018

KOFI DAVID TO CATWALK AT MERCEDES BENZ ACCRA.

Hard work pays indeed young Ghananian model Afedeke Kofi David (20)_ can testify to that.
Within a year after venturing into the modelling industry
Afedeke Kofi David (KD) was selected to participate in one of Africa's best international fashion runway shows (Mercedes Benz Africa Accra)
In an interview with Tapiwa Rubaya (TR),Kofi David talks about his first experience during the Mercedes Benz Africa.

TR:Kofi Davids take us to your bio?
KD: To start will say much thanks to you,for having me on your interview, let me kindly use this platform to thank my management (Passion Exhibit Modeling Agency) for being supportive from day one and counting.
My full name is AFEDEKE KOFI DAVID`S, and was born in Accra, Ghana in the year 12/02/1997. Am a Christian raised and brought by Mr Felix Afedeke and  Mrs Hana Zewu (parents), growing up and knowing I was the only child of my parents felt very bad but didn’t push me away from loving others, am a kind, determine, hardworking, humble and a honest person. So at Age 19 I completed my Senior Level of  Education in the year 2016, and after I decided to pause my  education and pursue a Modeling career in the year 2017 that`s where I was introduced to Passion Exhibit Modeling Agency (PEMA) one of the Top Agencies in Ghana and  as you can see they have really groomed and trained me very well…..There are many challenges we as humans we face and sometimes it drives us away from our dreams, With me I put God first in anything I do and also there is this quote of mine that always motivates me and make me stand tall in all my problems, and it goes like this “GROW THROUGH WHAT YOU GO THROUGH”. 

TR:Tell us how you manage to build up your modelling portfolio?
KD: My portfolio was build up with the first shoot of mine with a clothing brand named  KWEKU K. INNOVATIONS and followed by some few other shoots which I directed myself with some  runway pictures, so that was then that I was able to combine some shots (pics) for my modeling portfolio
First of all, let me explain what is meant by portfolio in the expects of modeling; A  model Portfolio is an essential tool for a Model to gain professional work. It is a collection of professionally shot images that is ultimately your visual Modeling CV used to advertise your skills and abilities in front of the camera.

TR:You are a modelling under Passion Exhit Modelling Agency based in Ghana kindly describe the agency?
KD: Passion Exhibit Modeling Agency, so far is listed as the best modeling agency in Ghana if you are to search from GOOGLE. It one of the coolest agency in Ghana and so far has been able to bring up some Top models in Ghana. With this few years and time I have been with the Agency, Passion Exhibit Modeling Agency have helped and supported me in improving well in my career, Passion Exhibit assist their models in various ways eg, how to walk in heels (ladies), how to pose as a model on a runway and for shoots, how to walk well as a male model and many more. Passion exhibit train models to become professional models not just any model
So far would say passion exhibit modeling agency have been of good help to me, and will edge anyone who wants to pursue Modeling as a Career should  kindly join Passion Exhibit Modeling Agency. Contact them on Tel: +2330262706055 or should check them up on Instagram @passionexhibit..Thank you.

TR:What makes Ghana modelling industry unique?
KB: What makes Modeling unique in Ghana is that; Ghanaian Models are very dedicated and always willing to do their best at all times, and so far Ghana is very known as one of the peaceful country and also has creative and much styled fashion designers known in Africa. So both designers and Models do their best to make sure Ghana is been put on the Map because Ghanaians show organizers are able to put up a show and host about 30 designers over the world to showcase on the show and so to me  think this is  what makes modeling in Ghana Unique.

TR:Within a space of time when you entered into modelling you participated in one of Africa's biggest event Mercedes Benz Africa share with us your experiences?
KB: Mercedes Benz African fashion festival Ghana is rated as one of the top shows in Africa, I will say the show was a step up for me, because it hosted various models and designers across the globe and me being new in the industry and was able to walk on that show proves or tells me am much prepared for any show.
Their Model Casting pulled a crowed of models over two hundred (200)  and me being part of the models being selected is a plus to me also.
Though there was a lot of tension, but I was able to go through perfectly.

TR:Africa is yet to host another Mercedes Benz Africa fashion Accra show are you participating?
KB: Yes I will

TR:Also a year after venturing in the industry you were nominated under Best Upcoming Male Model in Ghana.What did it mean to you?
KB: It meant that am good and much prepare to take modeling to another level.

TR: In future who are some of Africa's fashion designers would you like to work with?
KB: Orange culture, Laurenceairline and  Stiaan Louw

TR:what do you think can put Africa's model industry into international level?
KB:Is just about how they brand themselves that all.

By Tapiwa Rubaya

6 comments:

  1. Africa and the world should watch out for him

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good at what he does and I love him for that. Keep it up and running David.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The guy really knows what he is about. He always nails it.

    ReplyDelete