Featured post

MOMENTS WITH MPILISO DAKE NYATHI

Tuesday 29 May 2018

Multi talented Calvin Madula to make History.

Its in every model's dream to grace international ramps.Calvin Madula (CM)a 23 year old model is one of models who are going to be seeing their dreams coming true as he is one of the models who will be gracing the Inaugural of Zambia Menswear week.
Tapiwanashe Rubaya (TR) journalist caught up with Calvin and questioned him how he feels about attending such an incredible event in August this year in Zambia.
 
TR:Calvin can you introduce yourself to our readers
CM:I'm Calvin Madula,23 year old Byo based Model  and Actor .Born in Plumtree and I'm of th Tonga tribe originally from Binga..
 
TR:Instead of pursuing into another career you selected modelling why?
CM:Well Iv been an arts/showbizz  fan from a very tender age particularly Acting,modelling was a later discovery that I got through people who mistook me for a model when I wasn't yet,at one point I had someone approaching me and offer to manage me,so those are scenarios that rang a bell and having been inspired by the current Mr Zim(Shadel Noble)I took it up,and This came up well .
 
TR:Take us to your modelling career?
CM:After graduated with a local  modelling agency sometime last year,I've been privileged to work with the Baas on their launch,did a couple of shows locally the likes of the Fashion designers Expo,I was a finalist at the 1st edition of model Of The Year,summer fashion and style among others.
 
TR:As a local male model,who resides in the city of  Kings and Queens what challenges are you facing?
CM:Modelling is somehow belittled and not rilly taken as a profession,it's regarded more of a hobby where organisers or designers can get away with working with models on shows and shoots without appreciating them afterwards..Ts high tym people in Byo should understand that this is a profession where individuals can live off.
 
TR:Calvin you will be participating at Zambia's Inaugural Mens Fashion Week what does it mean to you?
CM: being my 1st international show That's a great achievement on my side honestly it means everything..that's wat I can say
 
TR:What are your plans when you arrive in Zambia?
CM:Well besides broadening my social horizons I can't wait  to represent my agency,my city and to lift th Zim flag high,most definitely..I want to show wat Zim/Byo models are capable of .
 
TR:Across the world who is your inspiration in the modelling sector?
CM:I would say Simba Gozo
 
TR:You are also a student.Studying marketing what do you love about marketing ?
CM:I certainly enjoy how diverse it is,,i love thinking of ways to do things ‘differently’ using innovation and creativity which is a combination anybody which intends to be successful in the show biz should have

 TR:What are your future plans
CM:Taking my acting and modelling career to the next level.
 
TR:Words of wisdom to aspiring models?
CM:If your mind can conceive it therefore you can absolutely achieve it,no matter how tough the beginning can be,never give up,,stay true to your goals and stick to the plans cause dreams do come true not to those  wait but to those  make them reality..

 Facebook:Calvin Madula
Instagram:@calvin_madula
 
By Tapiwa Rubaya

No comments:

Post a Comment