Featured post

MOMENTS WITH MPILISO DAKE NYATHI

Monday 18 March 2019

Catch up with award winning model Takunda Jacob Simende.

 China is one of the most developed countries in the globe.Its development has also reached the modelling and fashion industry.Takunda Jacob Simende is an award winning African model who is based in China. In an interview with Aftv he shares with us the importance of modelling in his life and the comparison between Africa's modelling industry and China.

TR:Takunda Jacob Simende aka TJ can you describe yourself to our readers?
TJ:I’m TJ Simende, im an award winning male model, an actor, tv presenter. I’m currently signed to Top Model Zw

TR:What pushed you to be in the modeling industry?
TJ:At first I had no intentions of entering the modeling industry but a lot of people kept telling me, you look like a model. Are you a model? Then i decided to give it a shot, so I can say the motive behind was the audience. Whilst in it, passion grew

TR:You are based in China,in a comparison with Africa's modeling sector?
TJ: Compared with Chinese Modeling industry,we still a little bit behind in terms of almost everything. 
I think the economy does contribute. You see China is a developed country already so most things are up to start and back here in Africa majority of the countries are still developing. Again in Africa we still have some people who have the wrong picture of what modeling is all about 

TR:TJ describe your style in two words?
TJ:Fresh, vibrant

TR:Last year during Zimbabwe's modeling awards you won the best pageant modeling award.How has that changed your life?
TJ: I did won an award for Best Pageant Model 2018 and I can say it gave me some exposure. Its not that much yet but remember every piece in a game of chess is important. Since then I have ventured into acting and presenting etc and soon I hope to work with different companies.
 That award made me realize that anything is possible, you are never too small to make a difference, if you think you are lol try sleeping in a room with a mosquito 



TR:Why is it important to achieve an award in this industry?
TJ:Award is a recognition of job well done. So getting it whether in film industry or modeling or sports etc it’s always a great achievement that will actually motivate you to keep working hard. 

TR:What motivates your work?
TJ:My desire to be on top and belief that other people have in me motivates me a lot.

TR:In future which runway would you like to take part in and why?
TJ:Milan, New York, Paris, those are dream fashion shows for almost every model. Those are the major fashion shows we have in the world and I desire to be on one of them or all.

TR:With the hype that is there in terms of many people are venturing into the industry.How do you deal with competition?
TJ: I do not compete with anyone at all, my goal is to be a better person than I was yesterday. We have different strengths and goals. So I just keep my head up and continue working hard

TR:You recently jumped into the film industry.How has the environment been?
TJ:Oh the film industry is wonderful. Its so exciting. You get to learn some things that you didn’t know about yourself. It’s actually a great experience 

Thank you for your time


Contact details
•FB~ TJ Simende
•IG~ tj simende


By Tapiwa Rubaya 



No comments:

Post a Comment