Featured post

MOMENTS WITH MPILISO DAKE NYATHI

Wednesday 20 March 2019

'HOW I WON THE MUSCLEMANIA CHAMPIONSHIP' -ANTHONY SIKANADZE

 "I really enjoy being able to showcase my body, my passion and hard work through the lenses of a camera"-Anthony SikanadzeFitness training is one of the most trending topics across the globe. We get more information about fitness and bodybuilding industry from the 2017  Musclemania South Africa champion winner Anthony Sikanadze (AS),who is a multi talented model.
During the interview he also gives us some of his day to day tips in terms of his healthy diet.

TR:Anthony Sikanadze thank you for agree to chitchat with us.Can you tell us who is Anthony Sikanadze?
AS: I am Anthony Sikanadze, 26 years of age and Zimbabwean born, partly raised in Zimbabwe, Malawi and South Africa . I spent alot of my spare time playing all sorts of sports throughout my life from karate to rugby.
I also spent alot of time in front of cameras with modelling and advert shoots, my main one in Zimbabwe was the nugget advert back in 1999/ 2000 with my dad,as well as fashion catalogues. I have always enjoyed doing this from an early and as such i never really stopped. This has brought me to being a bodybuilder and fitness model here in South Africa. And I look to take my talents to an international stage.
TR:Why did you went for for body building and fitness modelling? AS:I have always been involved in sports growing up, but given my circumstances i was always the smaller competitor. As a result i always had to put in extra work outside of regular training times to make sure i could at least compete with others. This began with doing sit ups and push ups next to my bed every night after karate practice to going to exercise at the gym before rugby training in University. With all that training my ultimate goal was always to have a better physique and as such my body developed at such a rate that it was appropriate for bodybuilding and fitness contests. So I decided to give it a try and I fell in love with the sport.
TR:Where did your journey in the body building and fitness modelling sector began and what where the major challenges you faced?
AS:I only decided to get involved in bodybuilding contests as of December 2016, i had been training for 8 years in the gym so i felt it was time to put myself to the test.
From there i competed in a number of competitions and did fairly well. I was then given an opportunity to be on a magazine cover Fitness His Edition (South Africa) through a competition which I won and as a result my fitness modeling careers took off. Since then I have been elected an ambassador of NPL (Nutritional Performance Labs), an ambassador for FIBO Africa, Musclemania South Africa champion and a WBFF Fitness model Pro to name a few.
Along the way I struggled to balance my work life and passion for fitness. It is alway hard to give everything 100% of your attention and commitment but I managed to do that. And here I am today.

TR:What's your day to day life like?
AS: I will usually start the day of with a visit to the gym then head to work for the day whilst trying to fit in 6 meals before my next gym session after work. Then its back to the house for some rest to repeat it all over again the next day.
TR:Tell us about your diet meals?
AS:It really depends on what i am busy with regards to my physique and competitions, right now i am eating clean meals, to keep a lean physique. I try to 8 approximately 8 meals a day.
TR:Besides being a fitness model you are also into photogenic model. How has your fitness and bodybuilding career played a certain role in your photogenic modelling ?
AS: It has given me a completely different avenue to express myself and my body more. Before was i used to modelling clothes for catalogues or adverts. I really enjoy being able to showcase my body, my passion and hard work through the lenses of a camera.
TR:Back to your fitness career tells about  your connection with Muscle Mania?
AS: I have always dreamed to compete on a Musclemania stage.
Growing up I watch people like Ulisses jr, Simeon Panda and Fred Shaka on the Musclemania stage and i wanted to ne just like them. Natural bodybuilders with amazing physiques. So i was always browsing the Musclemania page out of interest sake and eventually in 2017 they had a competition in South Africa. I knew I had to compete on this stage in which I claimed the title of Musclemania South Africa champion.
TR:You are also a Nutrition Performance Labs Ambassador.How did you became their ambassador?
AS:This was due to a competition i won early in 2018 which led to me signing a sponsorship contract with the supplement company.
TR:What word of advise to someone who looks up to you as their role model?
AS: Never give up on your dreams and always put 100% effort in everything you do.

IG - @ant_sik
Facebook - Anthony Sikanadze
Twitter - @AntSik
Written by Tapiwa Rubaya
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment