Featured post

MOMENTS WITH MPILISO DAKE NYATHI

Monday 18 June 2018

AWARD WINNING BRAND BUSHAIWEAVE TO MAKE COME BACK AT ACCRA MEN'S FASHION WEEK



The brand Bushaiweave is back again at the Accra Men's Fashion  week expecting to win the hearts of fashion lovers with their new collection which will be presented during Accra Men's Wear fashion on the 15th and 16th of June.
Abdubai Shaibu (AS) the brainchild of the brand interacted with Tapiwanashe Rubaya (TR) about the collection that the award winning brand will launch.

TR:Briefly can you tell us about yourself and your brand's background?
AS: Am Abdulai  Shaibu , from the Northen part of Ghana but born and brought up in Accra. My brand name is Bushaiweave. I do both male and female but specialized in males collection. What makes my collections distinctive is the hand weaving which I use my hand in designing on the outfits I make .

TR:what mainly inspires your brand's work and its collections that you have produced in the past?
AS: Because am a product of Ghana, all my designs are authentically made in the African style.

TR:Whom among prominent people have you dressed your brand and among models whom have you worked with?
AS: TV presenters, actors and actresses , musicians and what are view. Talking about the models I work with most of the top celebrities in Ghana precisely Prince Ib, Stephen kwojo owusu , Ralph zillary, Zion Benjamin and among others.

TR:Your brand always focuses on ready to wear outfits why?
AS: I love to see people wearing my outfit so I design ready to wear purposely to be able to suit all type of persons who happens to purchase any of my outfit. Also my outfits are designed in a way to fit all kinds of occasions

TR:Besides focusing on the ready to wear your designs are hand made weave one might wonder why?
AS: Just to create a kind of uniqueness in my collections so that any where at all one can pinpoint Bushaiweave outfits

TR:Speaking about showcasing you are not a newbie when it comes to showcasing at accra men's fashion week,what description can you use to describe the previous events of the show?
AS: Previous shows are very great , talking about the set ups, outcome of the pictures and amazing models they book on board. On their maiden edition I was awarded the Best emerging designer which was a very great time for me and the Bushaiweave brand as a whole .

TR:This year you are showcasing @ Accra Mens fashion week can you tell us about the collection that you will be showcasing?
AS: This years collection is dubbed "SARAUTA" meaning The Royalty.

TR:Why did you thought of presenting the collection to the Accra Mens Fashion what is unique about it?
AS: I thought of presenting this particular collections on Accra Men's fashion week because it's one of the great platforms in Ghana where I can move the brand higher

TR:What is the name of your collection that you will showcase and the story behind it!
AS: The name of  this  year collection is called ( THE  SARAUTA ) meaning the Royalty. I came out of these collection after thought of how a Ghanaian chief or prince  could look at his normal day not necessary being on his regalia  As a Ghanaian chief also dress. But wearing this particular piece may still not  denied him from looking like a chief. After looking at the collection I thought of giving him a royal name since it is associated to kingship..

TR:From Accra where are you taking your collection?
AS:From Accra men's fashion week  we will be showcasing at a style lounge a  fashion presentations organized by debonair Afric a big fashion blogger house In Ghana and then Mercedes Benz Africans fashion festival then to Nigeria for the Africanfashionweeknigeria

By Tapiwa Rubaya

No comments:

Post a Comment