Featured post

MOMENTS WITH MPILISO DAKE NYATHI

Saturday 23 June 2018

ZIM MODELS ARE GEARED UP FOR THE LATIN FRIDAY SHOW

Latin Fridays a fashion show which is celebrated in Zimbabwe every first Friday of the month in Harare was established 2 years ago. Where the audiences not only experienced the fashion show runway but also a night full of dancing to music and cuisine from different Latin countries.The show previously has hosted different fashion designers such as Tapfumanei Aka Coco;Reenzara,ZeeRat this year fashion artists such as Nandi Fashions,Tommy Classic Designs are among the list of those who will be showcasing their collection.Aftv caught up with two models who will be cat-walking during the first Latin Friday of this year ,which is going to be hosted in Harare.The two models spoke about their modelling history and what they think Latin Fridays is all about.

Malcolm Manyenga
I'm Malcolm Manyenga, second child out of three, aged 24 years old  and I am professional male model.
I've always admired models and everything they did just made me fall in love with the profession and I told myself I'm going to be one of the one day. I've been modelling for the past 3years and really this industry is not as glamorous as one might think but I still enjoy every bit of it. Just to name a few I've managed to model for some of the best brands like Econet wireless, have walked the catwalk at the Zimbabwe fashion week and really I'm still yet to achieve more and I know I can.
I've participated in the Zimbabwe fashion week, Latin Friday winter show, Rotaract Charity fashion show,etc.
Latin fridays is a platform to express yourself in many ways like you have to show your skills on the runway and your physic, and I'm hoping to get noticed from international iconic brands.
I'm inspired whenever I land a booking and every time I get a casting it really keeps me going and hungry for more in spite the fact that work might not really be there all the times still I always stays positive.
Warwick Beru
I am an extremely mature 24 year old part time interior design, shop manager by profession and novice model.
My short modeling career has opened the door to endless possibilities, both in Zimbabwe and internationally.
Today is Latin Friday, tomorrow who knows.
I was actually encouraged to model by a good friend of mine at the Latin Friday lingerie last year and absolutely loved it,I then thought  I had to come back again this year.
The Latin Friday show means a fun night out with family and friends, amazing trending apparel, gorgeous models and a night to remember.. My expectations of this year's show are limitless, but most importantly I hope to have fun above anything
My inspiration can be traced from David beckham, he started his career as a footballer and ventured into modeling to become the brand ambassadors for brands like Adidas and H&M and still has time for charitable events which is the direction I would like to see my career going.

By Tapiwa Rubaya

No comments:

Post a Comment