Featured post

MOMENTS WITH MPILISO DAKE NYATHI

Friday 8 June 2018

Mother's always know what is best for their children.



Zimbabwe's 19 year old model Reece Williams can testify to the above statement to be true.In an interview with Tapiwa Rubaya (TR) Mr Williams explains the role that his mother played to introduce him in the modelling industry.
During the interview he shares with Aftv his memorable photo shoot.

TR:Who is Reece Williams?
RW:Hi I’m Reece Williams, 19 years old, born and raised in Zimbabwe. I went to St. John’s College until after my o levels, I then left school to start doing my Diesel plant fitting apprenticeship.

TR:Tell us about your origins?
RW: Zimbabwe, Harare.

TR:How did you discover your modelling career?
RW: I discovered my modeling career with a lot of help from my mother who used to be a model back in her time. My mom knew of Karin Davidson and showed her some of my pictures, from there Karin helped me grow and signed me as a model under the Top Model Zimbabwe agency.

TR:You are a photogenic model and last year during Zimbabwe Models awards you were nominated under Best Visual.What did it meant for you?
RW:It meant a great deal to me, as I haven’t been modeling for very long and I haven’t done very many jobs either. It was a huge confidence booster and has given me a drive to become so much more than what I was.

TR:It seems like everyone is now a photogenic model because of taking pictures using smart phones.What's your definition of a photogenic model?
RW: Yes its true a lot more people can become a photogenic model in this day and age, but for me a real photogenic model is someone who knows the appropriate way of taking photos, who doesn’t need Photoshop or large amounts of editing to look good.

TR:You work under Top Model Zimbabwe, what have you benefited from working under Karen's wings?
RW: To work for Karin is a huge privilege, as what I have come to know is her models come first to her!! She bends over backwards to make the process easier and more enjoyable for her models. As she is well known in the industry many people come to her looking for models and this creates many job opportunities.

TR:What is the most interesting shoots that you have ever done?
RW: I think still the most interesting shoot I’ve done is for a music mobile app, where I was asked to dance In front of the camera, and myself not being the best dancer I felt like I looked more like a dancing fish than a model!! But all in all it was a very enjoyable shoot, all the people where amazing and my fellows models and myself had a really good laugh through the day.

TR:If you could talk to your ten year old self.What would you tell your self?
RW: I would  tell myself to concentrate more in lessons and to stop worrying about being the smallest kid in school. I would also tell myself that all the people who bullied me would mean nothing in the next 5 years to come and that my future looks really good. I’d also tell myself to be a little more caring towards those who where and are there for me

TR:Who is your role model in the industry?
RW: I have 2 role models actually both of which I look up to because when they In front of the camera, they look like they always having the best time and when they not, they live their lives the way they want too. Regardless of the fame, they just seem to enjoy life and that’s what I want from it too.
Francisco Lachowski
Toni Mahfud

TR:Lastly what is the best lesson you have learned from working in the fashion modelling industry?
RW: To always be patient and understanding. Being a model you often have to wait for people to get back to you on jobs and for shoots, you have to listen to the photographers and the people who have hired you, even if you don’t always agree. The outcome of the shoot doesn’t truly effect the model as much as it does the thing they where advertising.

My social media details
I’m not big on Facebook
But Instagram I use a lot
My username is
reece__w_
By Tapiwa Rubaya.
2 Attachments

No comments:

Post a Comment