Featured post

MOMENTS WITH MPILISO DAKE NYATHI

Tuesday 5 June 2018

The RETURN OF THE BEAST.

Miyamiko Banda 24 year old former model is back again in the modelling and fashion industry but not as a model but this time as the Master of Ceremony/presenter of a show.
Tapiwa Rubaya (TR) caught up with Miyamiko Banda (MB) who  was co-presenting the Harare Fashion Show last weekend and discussed about his new adventure as a presenter.
Also during the interview Mia states 5 fashion brands he would love to wear.


TR:Mia how are you can you briefly  describe yourself?
MB: My name is Miyamiko Banda and I am a 24 year old Project Manager at a company in Bulawayo called Indigo Group.

TR:Mia what defines your Mc/presenting career?
MB: Honestly bro, I'm a guy who just loves to speak, and speak my mind at it, MC’ing and hosting is just a formal way of allowing me do this virtually to many more people at the same time, a wise man once said “if you lack opinion, go sleep” I have more opinion to give than anyone else haha (giggling).

TR:There were some rumours that you have retired in the modelling industry how far true is that?
MB: The rumours are true, and they’re being spread by me as a matter of fact haha(laughing) I’ve retired as a catwalk model and I've chosen to pursue my business career at a higher level, although I still get involved in photography which has always been a very interesting hobbies of my own.

TR:Can one say that Harare Fashion week has played a big role as your come back in the industry as an MC?
MB: Harare Fashion Week is an amazingly huge platform for Zimbabwean Talent to exhibit their skills and craft with examples of prominent individuals like K7 and Takura both showcasing at the recent event.
Me as MC, well I've always loved speaking as mentioned before, and Harare Fashion Week has enabled me to reach out to a Harare audience for the first time, so I am thrilled and would definitely love to work with the team again.

TR:Briefly summaries for us your experience during the Harare Fashion week as an MC?
MB: My experience as mentioned in my previous answer has been ecstatic, the HFW team is truly organised and have shown me pure Harare hospitality, even made me consider moving to Harare, the team is vibrant, passionate and shows loads of potential which in turn ignites enthusiasm in someone like me.

TR:During your presenting you wore one of the brands that were being showcased, the ZimCollar what did it mean?
MB: Yes I wore ZimCollar when I opened the show, ZimCollar is an internationally based Zimbabwean brand located in Dubai, the designer behind it all is very passionate and I was honoured to wear his award winning clothing.

TR:What differences did you spot when compared to the fashion runway shows from your city and the Capital city of your country?
MB: Well in regards to the models who showcased during the event, I felt they needed more work and in comparison to Bulawayo Models I found most of them unprofessional and I can safely say this as I've worked with many professional models even on an international level, other than that The Fashion show itself was brilliant.

TR:To your fans what is in store for them before the end of the year?
MB: Haha (giggling) Tapiwa my friend, I do not have fans, supporters, or any sort of degradingly titled people, what I do have though is potential business colleagues, passionate people, mavericks and hardballs, and only greatness lies ahead for both them and myself this year.

TR:Away form the modelling ramp, you are a business man.As a young business man what words can you use to describe the environment of the business industry in your country?
MB: In my own capacity, I believe businesses are failing in Zimbabwe, very few start ups are penetrating the market, and many large standing businesses are failing to maintain their standards corely because they lack the appropriate tools for the appropriate job, for example the clear thought planning and project management that any business should possess is not receiving its fair share of dedication, people overlook the smallest components that make businesses successful and its the simplest of concepts that can rejuvenate turnover and increase revenue for many companies, this is what I do and my business speaks for itself.

TR:As we conclude the interview who are your top 5 fashion designers you would like to wear their collections as an Mc in the  future?
MB: The top 5 Zimbabwean designers who’s work and products I would love to wear are;
-Ara Kani
-K7
-Shadow
-Andre
-ZimCollar

By Tapiwa Rubaya

No comments:

Post a Comment