Featured post

MOMENTS WITH MPILISO DAKE NYATHI

Tuesday 30 July 2019

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH STATE OF MALAMBIA ACTOR TINOTENDA SATANDE.

 Tinotenda Satande better known as Tino to his friends,has appeared in a number of film series and movies in his home country Zimbabwe including the state of Malambia which has appeard in various international film festivals. In an interview with Aftv media we find out which came first modelling or acting profession.


TR:Tino thank you for having us.How do you balance acting and modelling?
TS:Well it's not like i am shooting week in week out, but there are times you do have to talk to both parties involved when there is a clash of schedules and you can always work out something. What's tough is when you're shooting one or more productions at the same time, you just have to manage your time wisely and communication is key especially when your time and other people's is at stake. 

TR:Do you think your modelling career has played a massive role in your acting career?
TS:Acting actually came first before the modelling, i did my first scene early January of 2017 in a drama series called Muzita Rababa (Tuesdays at 1930 on ZBC), was a short scene and i remember being nervous and stiff i was walking and talking like Robocop. The director Nick Zemura just said stick around and a few weeks down the line he said he wanted me to be part of the cast ,he saw something i didn't  haha (laughs). Later on that year i was in my first ever film Kushata Kwemoyo. Almost a year later we were having a photoshoot for promotional material for the film ,we were dressed by Mutsa Mabhande of MutsaCreations, she later asked if i could model for her brand and that's when my modelling journey began. 
Not long after that i became a brand ambassador for House of Gentlemen . So i guess they do work in tandem, when castings are going on and they ask to see my photos i send the ones i have taken over this modelling journey of mine and when people do see me on-screen then they see me representing a brand , could be on social media or wherever, the hope is that that i can bring the attention of that audience to that brand too.I am grateful for the people that me gave my first break and now i am just building on the opportunities they made available to me.


TR:One of the films that you cast in is a local film Kushata kweMoyo which features legends in Zim's film industry. 
TS: e i was, pretty much still a newbie rubbing shoulders with
 Legends and powerhouses in the industry. They made it easy because they were so welcoming and had that paternal and maternal concern towards you.
 I felt at ease and the least you could do when you're around them is listen and learn, for advice and also for the great stories they told. It was an absloute joy to work with Charles Mzemba, Elijah Madzikatire and Mai Bhasikoro, not forgetting Gamuchirai Duve and Kudzai Musungo, these women kept me on my toes and in stitches haha (laughing), they are forces in this industry and our drill sergeant Shem Zemura, he put us through it, he got the best out of everyone and the whole crew too, it was a great experience all in all.


TR:Aside from Kushata KweMoyo which other films have you took part in?
TS:Let's see, i was in three short films which were done by ZBC namely  Daddy's Present, Betrayal and The Tree. I also featured in State of Malambia and there are other productions and projects in the pipeline.

TR:Who is your  inspiration  in the industry?
TS:Internationally i would have to say Dwayne The Rock Johnson, to me he is the human will personified, where he came from, from having no place to stay and only 7 bucks in his pocket to being the most bankable movie star and having his movies gross billions, having his own production company and still being a family man and be that fit haha (laughs) come on! He is a workhorse.
 Locally i would say anyone who has been doing this for years now and hasn't given up, this industry can be tough but there are people that have stuck to their guns and kept producing, directing, acting in order to keep inspiring, to  educate and to entertain . Even the young blood in the industry there are some very passionate people and seeing the fire they have for their work is inspiring. There are so many to name it would be like a long rolling credits scene haha.

TR:What has been your greatest moment when ever you are behind the camera as an actor?
TS:I can't pin it to one moment as such but for me it's when you have delivered a scene and given it your all and there's nothing more  to be taken from it or added because most of the times i get home  i am playing back in my head how i  could have handled that scene differently,  how i could have said this and not that, there's always that i could have done better element . That would be it for me. 
I like a good transformation too, i don't like to be the same type of linear  character so when people are able to see  the difference between the ones you have played. I would know i would have done something right.

TR:Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
TS:Happily married! Haha (giggles), by then i would like to have worked with all the top brass in Zimbabwean film from actors, directors, producers , everyone  and done almost every genre too. Graced a few magazine covers, walked on runways at fashion shows , built my own brand and realising my dream of being a travel professional. 
I also have a passion for Travel and Tourism and i would like to run my own travel company one day. I would like to be an influencer and help eradicate bullying in schools. God willing.

TR:When you are not casting for a movie/film or shooting for modelling scene. What do you mainly spend much of your time doing?
TS:I probably spend most of my time in the gym when i am not on set. I am also crazy about movies so i will be adding to my ever growing collection of movies and also looking for other opportunities.

TR:Tino Satande thank you for your time
TS:Thank you for having me.


GET TO KNOW MORE ABOUT  TINOTENDA SATANDE 
My name is Tinotenda Satande, i was born sometime in the 80s haha (giggles) ,in Marondera. 
I am a shy, reserved guy who does like to laugh and have a good time ,(the irony) haha (laughs).
I have certain people that do bring out the silliness and craziness in me. In love with rugby and anything to do with fitness.  In my third year of acting and almost going on two in modelling. I really didn't think i will be doing any of those , after you finish school you always have your life planned out like i will do this and i will do that, i never had  acting and modelling down at all but have been enjoying the journey nonetheless.

Pic credit:House Of Gentleman 
Interviewed by :Rubaya Tapiwa

No comments:

Post a Comment