Featured post

MOMENTS WITH MPILISO DAKE NYATHI

Friday 19 July 2019

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH NIGERIAN MODEL YUSUF OLUWAFEMI.


Having migrated from Nigeria to Tanzania, award winning model Yusuf Oluwafemi (YO),has been welcomed with open arms in his new home. He has also managed to grace a number of fashion shows across Zanzibar and Nigeria. In an interview with Aftv,Yusuf tells us more about his modelling career.

TR:Can you describe yourself? 
YO : I am Yusuf Oluwafemi  by name am a Nigeria easy going, God fearing, hardworking ,humble, loyal person,I am a shy type.
 
TR:What do you love about your journey?
YO :Everything honestly .

TR:What has declined in the modelling industry since you embarked on the journey of modelling?
YO:It's not an easy journey but am blessed to be part of this journey.

TR:You are both a footballer and a model is there any connection between the two careers of your life?
YO :Yes  there is a number of connections and this has boosted both my careers.

TR:You have participated in several fashion show runways in Zanzibar and Nigeria.What have you gained from these shows? 
YO:A lot not in Zanzibar and Nigeria I worked I do some jobs too in Kenya Mombasa,Nyali too and I worked with best designers in east Africa  like Ally Rehemtulla, Kasicana, Waiz, a Zanzibar UK base designer too called Tgazi collection ,Makeke etc.
 
TR:Last year you won the campus Top Model 2018 contest can you tell us more about the competition?
YO:Well it's a year to remember for me it wasn't easy because online competition alot of taxes ,with I represent Tanzania and am a Nigeria a very good experience for me a dream coming true.

TR:Also you were nominated for the Swahili Fashion Week Awards .How did the nomination changed your career in the modelling sector?
YO :A lot because I  am a Nigeria model and base in Tanzania, Tanzania welcomed me very well they gave me the chance for  I worked hard to represent the flag in both side and they believe in me too both the designers and the photographers over there, seriously Tanzania show me to the world.

TR:You are into photogenic and pageantry modelling why did you select the two?
YO:The short answer I would give is I  love them  both. 

TR:Lastly can you give us a brief bio of yourself.
YO:I am the first born of six four boys two girls was born in Lagos state Nigeria school in Lagos before I left to east Africa

By Rubaya Tapiwa

No comments:

Post a Comment