Featured post

MOMENTS WITH MPILISO DAKE NYATHI

Wednesday 24 July 2019

THE BEST MALE TOGO MODEL AWARD GOES TO ...

"If you want to build yourself as a top or a good model apart from hard work you also need to travel to other countries ..."Bruce David.

The Togo fashion awards were hosted on the 13th of July,one of the categories of the ceremony  was the Best Model category. The gong of the category went to the 21 year old model,Bruce David (BD).
The young model who derives from Togo had a chit chat with Aftv Magazine and told us what it meant for his name to announced as the winner of the category. Further during the interview he tells us some of the brands he has worn since he managed in the industry.


TR:At the age of 21 Bruce David,you have already made a name for yourself.Who is Bruce David to those who don't know you?
BD:Bruce David is a simple genial and kind guy ,that guy who lives to make others happy who just like life and everybody.

TR:Your journey in the modelling industry emerged in 2016 .One might wonder how did it all started or what is the story behind the start of your journey?
BD: Before I started my journey in the modeling industry ,it was after my first fashion week in Togo I realized that if you want to build yourself as a top or a good model apart from hard work you also need to travel to other countries to get more knowledge from there  your own meaning of fashion come then I just throw myself in the adventure.

TR:Aside from participating in fashion shows in Togo you also are taking part in other international shows that are out side Togo...
BD:The difference between shows in Togo and outside shows is the organizing done.
In Togo I can say that "we are trying" but outside the are making shows "good shows" In Ghana for example many people admire fashion they know what that meaning of that word for real so they do their best effort to make it really good.

TR:Can you state some of the brands that you have worn in those shows?
BD: In those shows I worn brand for Ibrahim Fernandez from Ivory coast, Oneney from Ivory coast, Tiag couture from Ghana, Wakal from Ghana, Vlisco from Togo, Woodin from Togo, David Parjov from Paris, Jean Doucet from Paris, Leslie from Benin Eldior sodeck from Benin...

TR:Besides catwalking international shows you were a nommine at the Togo Fashion Awards briefly tell us more about your nomination and the category that you are in?
BD: I thank God I am nominated to the Togo Fashion Awards under  Best Male Model of the year, the staff recognized my work and they just sent me message that I will be nominated under Best Model of the year.
 I said wow I am just thankful they asked some questions about me and after some weeks I saw my picture on the models nominated we passed the stage of voting and this  Saturday 13th they announced the winner and it's was me the Best model of the year 2019.

TR:What does it  mean to win those awards ?
BD: Winning these Togo Fashion Awards means a lot to me first it means I am on the right way to the success cause best model of the year is not my barrier I want more, why not best Black Male Model of the world (giggles).
 So that trophy means to me it's possible to do more.

TR:In future which fashion shows in Africa are you hoping to attend as a model?
BD: Specially in Africa I hope to attend 2 fashion shows, Arise Fashion week in Nigeria and FIMA it's part of my best wishes.

TR:What inspires your work and your lifestyle. 
BD:I am a boy obsessed by the best,so do better is what inspires my work and my lifestyle.

By Rubaya Tapiwa 

No comments:

Post a Comment